Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2015

It's been awhile....

And I have been keeping busy.  Just nothing here to show for it.  I worked on Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.  I made mine smaller - I made half the units, thinking I'd make 2 baby quilts.  When I was putting it together, I decided to make one quilt, but only use 9 of the blocks, not all 12 that I had made.  Here is what I came up with...
It is really a busy quilt - it requires you to step back a little in order to see the pattern. 
I made a few bags for Christmas and Birthday gifts back in December....
These were for my Dachshund-loving sister.
 
I also made some pillows from fabric placemats - these were for my son and daughter-in-law.  The placemats were from Target.  Lots of easy tutorials out there on how to make them.  Basically, you pick open a seam (about 3 inches), stuff them, and sew the seam back together.  About a 30 minute project.
 
 
I got some exciting Christmas mail, all the way from England!  My friend Jen, over at Glinda Quilts, sent me a Christmas gift. 
Quilty gifts from a quilty friend.  Thanks, Jen!
 
I guess that's all I have for now.  I am keeping busy......I just don't have much to show for it!  I just got a quilt back from the long armer......After it's bound and finished, I will show it.  Trying to stay warm here in Iowa........ blizzard yesterday...... gosh, I hate winter.......
 
 


5 comments:

joe tulips said...

It's the sashing on that mystery that throws it into busy land. As I sew it on my chickens, I find it stretchy or something. The bags are adorable and I always forget about using placemats! I just can't hate winter. I hate blizzards though. There is a quiet beauty about winter.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I love the illusion quilt, so interesting to look at! We are in the middle of summer here so I spent the day gardening today - I cannot imagine what a blizzard is like, I fortunately only ever see them on the TV news. I hope it doesn't last long for you.

Maggie said...

The quilt is amazing. Looks like it's spinning! Wow! X

Browndirtcottage said...

Your mystery finish is pretty cute Karen. Once again, I opted not to do the mystery.

I guess I haven't seen the placemat/pillow tutorial. Neat idea!

How nice to receive some squishy goodness from your friend. Especially when it says "Royal Mail"

Glinda ♥ said...

Missed you! Lovely to see your great work again. And you're very welcome x