I attempted to make a zipper pouch today, using the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial. You can find that here. All went well until it was time to turn the pouch right side out. Then there were major issues:
This tutorial has you quilt your wrapper to batting and lining fabric. I set my stitch length pretty high, but the shiny vinyl didn't want to feed through my sewing machine very well. It resulted in a very short stitch length (despite being set at 3.5 on my Baby Lock). When I attempted to turn the pouch right side out, it tore along several of the quilting stitches. The stitches were close together, and acted as a perforation. So, after much frustration, I found a different tutorial, one that didn't include quilting the front and back of the bag. See this tutorial here.
This is what I ended up making:
Super cute!!! I have heard of this but never tried it!
Post a Comment