Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just a few wedding photos......

I have a few pictures to share from my son's wedding last Saturday......
My dear hubby made the cake.  The bottom 3 layers are "fake cake", as in Styrofoam layers covered with fondant.  The top layer is real - one that has been frozen, and hopefully the kids can enjoy it on their first anniversary.  I know, it seems like a long time to save a cake in the freezer, but tradition is tradition!  The fondant on the top layer didn't travel so well.... the wedding was about 80 miles from home.  He ended up taking the fondant off, and re-doing it.  It was a beautiful cake.  We served sheet cakes to the guests.
Here we are.... don't we clean up nicely?  :)
Here's the happy couple.....

I was so happy that Julie and Tractor Joe could help us celebrate!

We had a great time.






2 comments:

joe tulips said...

WOW. The cake was beautiful. The bride and groom are adorable.
Even you and me are a blog-worthy picture!

Glinda ♥ said...

Oh you're all adorable! Isn't hubby a talented man? Your son and his new wife radiate happiness - congratulations and best wishes for a happy and healthy marriage :)