Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Scrappy Do

Just a quick post here....... I have been working on a quilt.... I am calling it "Scrappy Do".  The pattern is from the book Dare to Be Square Quilting, by Boo Davis.  It's the "I'm a Wiener" quilt.  
I apologize for the poor picture..... I took it with my phone.  
Anyhow, rather than use 1 blue fabric for the background, I am going scrappy.  Very scrappy, as you can see!  It takes a lot of time, but I am loving the way it looks.  
This quilt will be for my sister...... she has 2 Dachshunds, and loves all things Doxie.  :)  I am making it larger - in the book it is a baby quilt, and finishes at 40 1/4" square.  I think a narrow brown border will be next, followed by more scrappy blues.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday over here.

5 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Brilliant Karen! What a great use for all those scraps :)

joe tulips said...

I love what you have done with this dog pattern. It is so much more fun than just the plain blue background.
How big is it right now?

roadtrip*treasures said...

Great idea to make a scrappy background!

Angie said...

Totally adorable---your sister will be thrilled. I have two wienies too and I would LOVE that quilt. :D

Sharon said...

What a cute quilt! Love the scrappy background too. Fun quilt!