Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Last Saturday, and next Saturday

Last Saturday, Julie and I went to the AQS Quilt Show in Des Moines.  Julie had a quilt in the show, part of a traveling exhibit.  Here she is, standing next to her quilt.  If you click on her name, it will take you to her blog, and you can read more about the quilt.

This will tell you a little more...

Boy, I really have been absent from my blog lately!  I finished up a quilt top a couple of weeks ago.  It's at the quilter now...... here it is before I sent it off.  I used a free pattern I found online, "Made in Cherry", found here.

Son #2, who was living at home for awhile, got a job in Minneapolis.  Here he is playing his first gig - at the Mankato Brewery.  They feature live music every Tuesday evening.  Son #1 works there, and he coordinated it.

Actually son #1, and son #3, are in a band together, and had played there a few weeks earlier.  
Here is son #1
And here is son #3
Since none of them read my blog, I say it's okay to post pictures of them!  :)

Next Saturday is the wedding - son #3 is getting married!  


We are so happy and excited for the big day, and so happy to be gaining another daughter-in-law!

I have been busy sewing quilt blocks for the guests to sign.  I decided I better get mine signed - it will be a sample, so hopefully the guests will get the idea...

I also decided to make a fabric basket to put them in, using scraps left from the quilt blocks...


I promise I will post pictures of the wedding!  Busy week ahead!  :)

Oh, and one more......
Hubby and I celebrated out 30th anniversary on October 1st.

Sorry for the poorer than usual pictures - they are from my phone.  















4 comments:

joe tulips said...

I certainly won't tell the boys you were blogging about them! I loved all three pictures of them with the guitars. I am looking forward to the wedding and hopefully I will have something to wear!!
Love that box. It is so cute.
You are keeping it for yourself though?

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Sounds like busy times for you....congrats on the anniversary!

Glinda ♥ said...

Lovely post, Karen - so nice to see your family. My oh my, you have been, and are going to be, really busy! I hope the wedding goes well, congratulations and good luck to the happy couple :)

Glinda ♥ said...

Oh and happy anniversary x