Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sweater tote

Out there in blog land and on Pinterest, I've seen some really cool tote bags and purses, etc. made out of old sweaters.  Check here or here.  I had an old sweater that I was ready to give to Goodwill.  Instead of giving it away, I decided to try making a bag.  I should have taken a picture of the sweater before I cut it up, but I forgot.  Anyhow, here is the finished bag....

And here it is from the top...


I used a piece of an old vintage sheet I had for the lining and handles.  I'm not loving the handles, but really didn't have anything else to use.  So, I will be on the lookout for sweaters the next time I go to the thrift store.  I have a grey one I might try this with as well....

3 comments:

joe tulips said...

Is there enough sweater left to make the handles with? I suppose it depends on the size of the sweater, anyway....Sweater on one side and lining fabric on the other? We are going to need some nice size bags for the next quilt show to lug around all our finds!

photosarah said...

Thanks for linking to my projects! I like the sheet you used for the lining. Good luck with your sweater search!

Glinda ♥ said...

Oooooh, ths is lovely, Karen. How very clever :)