Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

I added 3 rows


Ok, if you remember the vintage-inspired quilt from my last post (you can read about it here),  I was debating the best way to make it larger.  Well, I went ahead and added 3 rows, so it is now 90"x 90". I think that is a great size for a queen-size bed, so I am going with it.  I also went ahead and got the backing ready... it's in the photo below, and is laying on top of the top.  You can probably see some of it showing through the backing fabric.  This is my way of making sure it's big enough!  :)  Who measures??!
I didn't quite have enough of the pale blue with white polka dots, so I added 2 rows of the extra blocks from the front.  So, this is all ready to go to the quilters.  Bed sized quilt # 3 of the year.  That's pretty good for me!  And this is one I plan on keeping.  I did get my "Easy Street" back from the quilters.  I am hand sewing the binding on the back, and will post a picture when that's done - probably at the end of the week.

Here's a close-up of a few of the fabrics - 
a wild vintage-fabric that someone gave me. -
 The fabric on the left, the light blue with white polka dots, is from Joann's from the DS collection.  The fabric with the cake is new...... a recent fat quarter purchase from my local quilt shop.  the rest of the fabrics in that block are also vintage fabric that someone gave me.  The red gingham has been in my stash for years.  The blue swirly fabric in the lower right hand corner was from a thrift store.  I think it is a Waverly print from either the 80's or 90's.

This is one of the embroidered designs from the piece I cut up.  On the left you can see some 30's reproductions.

For supper tonight, I made homemade chicken pot pie.  I found the recipe here.  Their's looks prettier than mine, but I made a homemade crust.  :)
I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I have actually had my 15 minutes of fame.
Back in 2000, I was a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off.  It was a great experience, and I am hoping I can be a finalist again someday.  Although I didn't win any big prize money, all of the finalists do receive prizes, and of course the trip itself (mine was to San Francisco) is part of the prize.  I am still using the GE Advantium that I won.  You can see my recipe here.
We had snow...... LOTS of snow again overnight.  I am really ready for winter to be over!
Hoping to show you my completed Easy Street later this week.....

1 comment:

joe tulips said...

I can confirm that your bake-off recipe is good and the quilt, in person, is fantastic. What is next??