Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Quilts for twin baby boys

Earlier this week, I finished up 2 baby boy quilts.

 
They are for twin boys.  The boys were born back in April - and had to stay in the hospital until late August because they were born so early.  I realized on Monday that I had to get these quilts finished this week, so I could send them along with my son and daughter-in-law this weekend.  It made for one evening of frantic quilting and binding, but I am happy with the way they turned out. 
The fabric is Moda's Max and Whiskers, by Basic Grey.  The red grunge fabric used on the quilt on the left (Arkansas Crossroads pattern found here) is the only fabric I used that is not in the Max and Whiskers line.  I know it's still a Basic Grey fabric - I think in the most recent Christmas line.  (if you wanted to know!) 
 
I made the zig zag quilt with the tutorial found here.  I made it a little smaller than Nettie's directions, because I didn't want it to be larger than the the Arkansas Crossroads.
 


and here's the back.....
 
Quilts should be on their way up north as I'm typing this.... :)
 
I am linking this finished project up to Crazy Mom Quilt's Finish it up Friday
Also, Iam hoping to have a productive weekend ahead!  :)
 
 

7 comments:

SuperMomNoCape said...

Great baby quilts. I love that you made a different quilt for each twin rather than matching ones.

Kat said...

I second SuperMomNoCape's comment about loving that the fronts don't match (they'll each have unique personalities) but I like that you made the backs the same. Great idea! I'm sure the boys will cherish these for many years to come.

Glinda ♥ said...

And so you should be happy with how they've turned out, Karen - this is lovely work and well done for hitting the deadline (always satisfying, hey?) Great job :)

joe tulips said...

Adorable. This makes me want to go work on baby quilts.

roadtrip*treasures said...

Great gifts for the twins, like that they are both different patterns.

Sheila said...

These are beautiful baby quilts!

Nanette Merrill said...

Darling quilts.