Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The "Play a Card" Quilt

I finished binding the "Play a Card" quilt a few nights ago.  It's a Zen Chic pattern, and is made with the Comma line of fabric by Zen Chic.
Even though it's a big quilt -  86" x 86", it's an easy pattern and went together really quickly!

Here it is, a little closer..

The back is pieced  with stuff I had on hand.  I am trying to use up what I have. Some days it's really hard not to buy fabric!
I know - it's not a very good picture, and definitely not true to color.  The top is fabric is much more yellow in person.  :)
This will be a wedding gift for a young couple getting married next Saturday -  good friends of my youngest son.
I'm linking to Finish It Up Friday!  

Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW...86' x 86'...that is big!

I especially like the wide white border!!

a maidenhair fern said...

I love this line of fabric. I'm finishing up one myself. But I love how the white sets it off. And that pattern really showcases the fabric. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

That's a great gift. Love it!! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to finally cut into the charm pack of Comma I have lying around!!! It is a wonderful quilt youhave made. The young couple will be delighted!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

joe tulips said...

Love the wide borders, they were inspiration for some wide borders I recently put on a quilt. They are going to love this gift! I love all your wedding quilts and always think they could be used as backdrops in the wedding photos!

Glinda ♥ said...

It's delightful, Karen and big! Did you quilt that yourself? They'll love it :)

Ruth said...

Nice present! It turned out fabulous.

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said...

I love the use of coma fabric - nice job.