Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Couple More Christmas Gifts

Overnight BagOvernight BagChristmas towel

Christmas Gifts 2011, a set on Flickr.
I made another overnight bag for a Christmas Gift.... Here it is. I used a couple of charm packs of a Moda Fabric - Curio by Basic Grey. This is Simplicity 2274 (again). I pieced the body of the bag with the charm squares, and used yardage for the pockets, handle trim, and ends of the bag. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.  If you click on each of the photos, you can get a much better view!

I also made a couple of ruffled dish towels. I started with some dish towels I got at Ikea....... I think I paid 79 cents each. Something really inexpensive anyhow. I added 3 rows of ruffles....I cut strips of fabric 2 inches wide, hemmed the bottom and both sides, and then ran a gathering stitch along the top. I sewed them to the towel, and topped it off with rick rack..... They turned out really cute, and I wish I made more! I'll have to start a little earlier next year!

1 comment:

joe tulips said...

I love that bag fabric. Basic Grey always has cool stuff. A thought occurs to me....using pastel or spring colors you could make towels in time for Easter! When you are making a list of who should get one, put my name down first.