Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

An "Arkansas Crossroads" weekend

I spent a lot of time this weekend sewing quilt blocks.  I managed to get 2 "Arkansas Crossroads" tops pieced.  I finished the one on the right first.  It actually turned out like the one on the left - see the half x's on both sides and the top and bottom?  For some reason, I thought those should all be full x's, so to used my trusty seam ripper to take a row off of one side, and off the bottom, and attached them to the opposite side.  Let me just say, that was way too much work, and I decided there is really nothing wrong with 1/2 and 1/4 x's on the sides and in the corners! 

The smaller quilt, the one on the right, is made using the actual sized blocks I intended to.  That's all I'm saying.  The one on the left is made using the mistakes from the one on the right.  Of course I also needed to make more, to add to it. 

Mr. Small town decided it would be a good day to clean out the vehicle.
And son #2 decided it would be a good day to mow.
My planter is not looking too bad.......

1 comment:

joe tulips said...

I like the full x's, I like the partial x's. The pictures made me smile. So summertime.