Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Quilts and salsa

 I finished a quilt top today!  

I purchased the pattern about 2 weeks ago.  It's from Treehouse Textiles, The Crossroads Quilt.  I got it here.  It goes together pretty quickly, and I love the scrappiness of it.  Of course it barely put a dent in my scraps!  It finishes at about 57"x64", so lap sized.  Of course it could easily be made larger or smaller.  I am planning to hand quilt it, it's time for a new hand quilting project! I will use the #8 pearl cotton.

I also made some salsa today - 2 kinds, tomato and pineapple.  I made a big batch with tomatoes, a friend of mine had given me a bunch from her garden.  All the ingredients used were fresh, with the exception of the jalapeno's.  I didn't have any fresh on hand, so I opened this huge jar of them that I had.  
And here's the pineapple -
I also want to show you a recent quilt finish -

The color looks a bit hazy on this picture.  It really is a vibrant, bright red.  Moda's Bella Solids, Betty's Red.  This is the Dutch Rose pattern.  It was a freebie I found online, and looks a lot like the Swoon pattern that has been quite popular.  This is a late graduation gift for a great niece.  She graduated last year, before all this Covid stuff.  She lives in Arizona, and I'm not too excited to ship it, I'm afraid it might get lost.  Maybe that's irrational on my part.  Anyhow, I think it will have to wait until I can deliver it in person.  I made this with the tutorial found here.  

That's all for now........ more projects in the works and I'll have stuff to blog about again in a few days! 


2 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Both quilts are great....and the salsa looks yummy!

marketer said...

I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more.