I finished another baby quilt. I posted a picture of just the top earlier this month. I finished the quilting over the weekend.
The back is pieced with some leftovers from the front- bigger pieces that I had on hand. I didn't have more than a yard of anything, and had used some of the fabric for previous projects.
The owls are raw-edged applique. I had a little trouble machine quilting around them, so I did pick out some of the stitches, and the quilting around the owls is all done by hand.
It's been washed and dried and is all ready for baby Sophie. I will take it with me to work tomorrow - we are having a baby shower for her.
One thing I did notice - I had originally just quilted a quarter of an inch on either side of the seams. In the area around the owls, I hand quilted an "X" on each block. After washing and drying, the quilt has more of that crinkly look I like in the blocks that have the X's. Something to remember for future projects!