Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Music and beer........ always a good combination!

I finally got the quilt top finished for my oldest son's quilt.  He has reminded me several times that I haven't made a quilt for him yet.  I have made a few for his brothers and a few for his dear wife, so I guess it is about time I make one for him.  I started it before Christmas, and then it got put aside.  I finally got the top finished last night.  
His two hobbies are music, and brewing beer.  I got a few novelty fabrics of each.  
Now to get the backing ready and then it's off to the quilters.  I briefly thought about quilting this one myself.......and it was very brief, believe me.  It's not real big, the quilter I go to is very reasonable...she charges $11.00/square yard.  I'm going to let her do it.
 
I'm linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday.......



5 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

It looks good!

joe tulips said...

that is a fun quilt. Has he seen the fabrics? He must have, why else would he be bugging you to finish.

Sheila said...

Now this is truly a guy quilt! Any of my guys would love one like it.

Glinda ♥ said...

Lovely 'man quilt', Karen, great choice of fabrics with the chevrons - works really well. He'll love it :)

Nanette Merrill said...

I really like it. I'm sure he will too.