Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blast from the past

Today, my friend Julie over at Joe Tulips blogged about one of the first quilts she made.  You can see it here.
Anyhow, that got me thinking about some of the first quilts I had made.  I promise I will take pictures of them on the next nice day.  One is in particularly bad shape.  It was used a lot, and cat claws got to it.
Anyhow, I started thinking back to clothes I have sewn.  Way in the past.....I didn't save any of them, but I can remember some of the patterns.
I remember this Gunne Sax pattern.  I made the dress in the short version, and I made the quilted jacket.  It was my first attempt at quilting anything.  And, if I recall, it turned out pretty good.  That was back in 1981...I was in college......sewing in my dorm room on my mom's old Bernina.
But a few years later, when I actually tried making my first quilt.....well, it didn't go so well.  I will dig it out of the closet and take a picture.  I promise!  :)

2 comments:

joe tulips said...

It feels rather winterish outside. Maybe after the snow passes through and it warms up again.
Blasts from the past are always fun to look at.

Tally said...

I like your quilt. Very fresh and cozy at the same time. Lucky you that you could use recycled fabric. Very nice.
Greetings from Hamburg