Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Last week

I was gone all week (last week), I had some classes to take for work, which required me to stay 5 nights in a motel.  That is a long time to be gone!  I brought my sewing machine along, and managed to get a little sewing time in the evenings...

I worked on making those blogs I talked about in my previous post.  Here are several of them, just laying them out to see how they look.  I still have a few left to make...
I went to a bridal shower this afternoon.  Yesterday, I made a couple of gifts for the bride-to-be...
I bought the fabric for the bag last week...... besides sewing in the evening, I had time for a little shopping!  This is not a quilting cotton, but rather a canvas fabric.  I interfaced it and lined it.  Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the lining.  The lining fabric was a quilters cotton.
I also made these 2 hot pads.  For the backing, I used a zig zag print fabric that I had in my stash.  Very similar to the canvas fabric, but the gray is a little lighter.
I also included a pizza pan (off their gift registry), pizza crust mix, canned sauce, a package of pepperoni, a can of olives and a can of mushrooms.  I didn't think it would be very wise to include cheese...... a little too warm for that!  :)

Now it's back to sewing more 4 patch blocks, so I can keep working on the x quilt ( officially called Arkansas Crossroads!).  








4 comments:

joe tulips said...

It must feel great to be home! Are you ready for things to be back to normal?
Love the bag and hot pads. The X quilt is coming along nicely. It will be so pretty.

Glinda ♥ said...

Love it that you took your sewing machine on your motel stay ... and I thought I had t bad!! I really like those blocks - they're looking good :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the Arkansas Crossroads pattern. Scrap quilts are great to mix in old and sometimes ugly fabric with new and pretty fabric. I like any pattern that makes a lattice or chain across the quilt top.

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW! 5 whole nights to sew!! I just can't imagine it!!
Looks like you took good advantage though!!

I'm really likin' your color/fabric choices on your
Crossroads top. Sometimes I think Brown gets a bad rap!

The bride will surely put your creative gifts to good use!