Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Guest book

My youngest son is getting married in October.  Next Saturday, some friends of mine are hosting a bridal shower for his fiance'.  I decided that a personalized guest book might be nice.....   
I bought an inexpensive, plain Jane guest book at Walmart.  (I know, I should have taken "before" pictures.)     I sewed strips of fabric together - the width of the strips varied from about 1" to 2".  I used pink and gray fabric... their wedding colors.

Here is the finished product...
I looked in my embroidery floss for pink.... I didn't have any.  I have a tin full of darning cotton and random thread from my mom.  I'm sure most of it had been my grandmother's.  I found some pink "thick" thread.  It reminded me of several strands of embroidery floss twisted together.  Anyhow, it worked great.  And it definitely is "something old".  :)

The back looks pretty much the same as the front.......
Not sure if it needs something more....... perhaps a ribbon?

I found the directions here.  The only thing I did differently was to use strips of fabric rather than one solid piece.
I'm linking up to Finish it Up Friday.


3 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Sometimes less is more.i think this is lovely as is, Karen :)

Gemini Jen NZ said...

What a lovely, personal gift. Great work.

roadtrip*treasures said...

Your so thoughtful and turned out grat. It will make a special keepsake !