Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2 finished baby quilts

I have been working on stuff, just not posting about it here.
I need to get better at that!  Anyhow, I finished 2 baby quilts over the weekend.  The first one is the chevron (zig zag?) quilt I talked about in my last post. 
Here it is:
 

It's made out of leftovers from fat quarters.  I bought the entire set of Max and Whiskers by Moda.  I think this was the 4th quilt I made from them.  When I was done with this quilt, I cut the remaining scraps into 2" squares.  I will have that quilt completed soon.
I call this the "Charlie Brown" quilt.  The black and yellow zig zag reminds me of Charlie Brown's shirt.
 
I also quilted a disappearing 4-patch top that I made quite awhile ago...

It's hard to tell in this picture, but the red fabric has white flowers.  Because of the flowers, I am thinking this  will be for a baby girl.
No piecing on either back..... just one piece of fabric
I quilted them with straight lines.  On the first quilt, I followed the zig zag pattern.  I did not use a walking foot, and they turned out much better than when I use a walking foot.
 


3 comments:

joe tulips said...

These are both wonderful baby quilts! My favorite is the Charlie Brown one. All you need to do now is go buy another FQ pack and start a whole new set of baby quilts!

Glinda ♥ said...

I love your colour choices, Karen ... very cheerful quilts! And you blog when you can, it's always lovely to see what you've been up to :)

a maidenhair fern said...

what a fun chevron quilt! I'm making some myself. I like how your rows aren't the same fabric.