Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Several finishes to share

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I've been here.  The month of April went by in a whirlwind.  Here are the projects I finished:
One baby-sized quilt top.  I used up most of what I had left of a fat quarter bundle.  I made 2 other quilts with these fabrics here.  I also used some in another baby quilt, shown here.  Scroll down on the page to see the quilt I'm referring to.
Anyhow, this quilt top required some really creative piecing, as I was running out of several colors of the fabric.  What I had left, I cut into 2 inch squares, and they will be used in an Irish Chain quilt.
All of my 9 patches have been pieced, now to get it all put together. 
 
 
 
I also made one cross-body bag - has zipper at the top.  Excuse the poor picture, it's terribly windy outside!  This is made from an old calendar dishtowel, vintage 1968, as you can see below:
 

I used the calendar on the other side of the bag.  I'll try to get a picture of it when the weather is better!
Here's another one of the front that I took inside:
 
I also made another bag, out of this cute vintage towel...
this one is my favorite:

 
 

I took part in Block Lotto again in April.  Here are the blocks I made:
Unfortunately, I didn't win them!  But my blocks are on the way to their new owners.  I will be hand delivering three of them to Julie, all the way across town.  Maybe 1 mile on a good day.  :) Yes, she was lucky enough to win.  I, on the other hand, have yet to win.  I just joined in January, so I guess I need to give it a few months.

I also made two more of the "Wine 'n Dine" bags.
So, even though I haven't been blogging about what my stuff, I have been busy!
Linking up to "Finish It Up Friday".

 

5 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I love the way you have used the vintage teatowels! And the wine bags are cool too - great work, have a good May!

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes, you have been busy!! Why do you call it a cross body bag? Is it big enough to go across your body?
Anyway, it's cute! Everything is great!

I really liked the Lotto blocks this month, but sad face here, I didn't win either…..ONLY JULIE!!!!! Let's shun her and be mean girls to her. Let's wear short skirts and flip our hair. Paint our fingernails blood red, smack our gum and trash talk about her!! (hehe)

joe tulips said...

LOL...only mrs. browndirt can carry on like that. The mental image of you two being mean girls cracks me up. Like totally. I would be careful though. Don't mean girls end up under a bus and in neck braces?
I love the bags!! Never saw that coming when you bought them! And the baby quilt is adorable.

Glinda ♥ said...

Some great work here, Karen. Those lotto blocks are interesting (sorry you didn't win) I can see possibilities here of making each block in one colour but mixing the fabric up - could be a good way of destashing some of my pinks :)

Sheila said...

Wow. You have been busy! All beautiful projects, this post and last.