I finished another small quilt over the weekend. If only I knew how to line up the pictures...... that is the back you are seeing on the right.
It measures about 40 inches by 58 inches. It was kind of an experiment, and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I just cut strips of random widths, the full width of the fabric. I had to piece a few of them. After the top was all sewn together, I had to piece the batting, as I did not have 1 piece large enough. It ended up with 2 "splices", but seems to lay flat. I machine quilted it in straight lines (well, as straight as I could get them!) on my trusty little Kenmore. For the backing, I used part of a sheet - one that I'm no longer using, in a 90's kind of raspberry color. For now, this is about the largest size quilt I will attempt quilting myself. I don't see how anyone can quilt a queen sized quilt on their little standard home sewing machine, although I know a lot of people do it.
I'm planning to donate it here.