Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shipped to Alaska

My niece and her husband are expecting their first baby. They are currently living in Alaska. The baby is due in just a couple of weeks. I decided I better get something sent off to them, to welcome the little bundle. Since they don't know what they are having, I tried to keep things as neutral as I could. If they have a girl, I'll have to send some pink things later! The dog bone shaped things are burp cloths!
These are flannel receiving blankets. I know, it's a bad picture! One is a pale green with white stripes, one is green with dots - blue and yellow, I think, and one has a print - green, with some blue and brown.

These are bibs........ I am sending a total of 4 of them. I made 5, but let's just say that one of them had issues.....


This is the back side of the quilt. I machine quilted it myself.



This is close-up of the front.




And here is the whole thing..... I just love the monkey fabric.
If you click on the photos, you'll see them bigger!



1 comment:

joe tulips said...

She will love these. Did you take the pictures before the great southern winds starting blowing? Everything is hanging so nicely!