Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sneak Peek

Here's a peek at what I've been working on over the weekend...


And I just realized I am making way more blocks than I will need.  These blocks right now are 12 1/2 inches square.  I was planning to make the quilt 7 x 8.  I was making 59 blocks so I'd have a few extra.  There are always some that don't turn out the best, and this gave me some wiggle room.  Well, that would make the quilt 84"x96".  That's just too darned big to manage!  Even though I won't quilt it myself, it's still too big.  So, I'm scaling it back to 6 x 7, 42 blocks in all.  I guess the extra blocks will be seed for another quilt.  :)  Oh, and the Whoopie Pies....... I swear they're as addictive as crack cocaine.....I can't leave them alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy toledo, I love this. You really are sewing up a storm. Four of the extras sewn together with a border would make a nice size, cute little doll quilt. Julie