Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yellow Pinwheel Quilt

I sewed the binding on this quilt last night, and then washed and dried it in the dryer.  It got that nice crinkly look that I love.


The back is a solid pale yellow.  It was one of the many pieces of fabric I got last winter at the Joann's 75% off sale.  They were moving to a new store, and Julie (Joe Tulips) and I just happened to get in on the good deals.  I last talked about this quilt here.  I first showed these blocks last July here
It's going to be a college graduation gift for a friend's daughter.  She also has a daughter graduating from high school, and I made the t-shirt quilt for her. 

6 comments:

Your Creative Friends at the Calico House said...

Love the colors and all the fun fabrics. It is so nice to be done isn't it. Good job.

Leslie said...

this is stunning

Betty said...

What a stunner!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Really lovely. Classic with unexpected colors. Love that.

joe tulips said...

This is just amazing. I love the colors. So, if I replace the gray with red will it look as cool??? the ISU colors??? Or do I need the gray? and just add a little red??
something to think about.

amy smart said...

Oh wow. This is amazing. And don't you LOVE great fabric deals?? They're the best!