Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Atomic Dot

Yesterday I had to go to Des Moines, for a training session for work.  I left home at 5:30 a.m, as I needed to be there by 9.  I made it in plenty of time - with a little more than a half an hour beforehand to spare.  I guess you never know how traffic will be.  Anyhow, I was done by noon, and decided to stop and do a little shopping on the way home.  I stopped at a great quilt shop, the Quilter's Cupboard in Ankeny.  I have shopped there before, and actually purchased my sewing machine from them at the Des Moines Quilt show a few years ago.  Anyhow the Atomic Dot quilt had been on display at the quilt show.  I decided I need the kit, and bought it.  Last night when I got home, I cut it out and sewed it together.  It couldn't really be any easier.....
 
 
Here's the top.  I'm linking it up to Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday, just because I can!  :)
 
It will go to the quilter on Monday, and I am hoping to have it back in a few weeks, to give to someone special for their birthday!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Gosh you work quickly! Lovely fabric, very dramatic when it's all put together :)

Sheila said...

I totally agree with Glenda,

joe tulips said...

That was some quick sewing! What a good feeling to have it done.