Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

A finish and a flimsy

Yes, I know.  It's been awhile.  Again.  I finally managed to get this quilt done -
It's a single Irish Chain quilt. The squares finish at 1 1/2 inches.  I used almost all the rest of the Moda Max and Whiskers fabric that I had.  This was a fat quarter bundle that I had purchased quite while ago.  I made a few other quilts with this fabric.  Look here and here, oh and here, too.  I did buy a couple of yards of one of the prints in the line that I could still find, and it's here on the back.
This one is all ready to go to a new great nephew in Colorado.

Last night I finished sewing together this quilt top - 
Not the best picture, we'll see if this one is any better - 
Kind of windy today, especially for a flimsy!
This is the "Film at Five" Quilt, tutorial found here.  I made mine a little smaller, using only 16 squares, instead of the 25 squares used in the tutorial.  When I started this quilt, I intended to give it to my sister's mother-in-law, as she has requested a quilt from me, primarily in blues.  Now that it's a top, I think I might be using it as a wedding gift instead, and will make a quilt that is a tad bit smaller for my sister's mother-in-law.  This measures a little over 70 inches square.  I'll get it quilted and then decide.  I do have one in the works for the wedding gift, I just don't have the top done yet, and the wedding is November 1st. So I guess I'll just wait and see how it goes! 





3 comments:

joe tulips said...

I love the nine patches! They will love it too. The film strip one would be neat with the sun shining behind it giving it a stain glass look.

Sheila said...

Beautiful Irish Chain.
I love, love LOVE the colorful sashed 25 patch flimsy.

Deanna said...

Your Film at Five is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your work. I'd love to show it in the gallery on WeddingDressBlue.